Interested in hiring migrant workers? Applications are now open to become an ‘accredited employer’, which allows you to employ migrants using a new Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV). This can create a solution for your business If you are an employer and you cannot find suitable New Zealanders for a role.
The Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV) replaces six other work visas and should help streamline the process of employing people from outside New Zealand. It can also help those employees get on track for New Zealand residence.
Once you are accredited, if nobody suitable can be found in New Zealand for your role, you can request a migrant worker to apply for an AEWV. What is involved in becoming accredited?
To become accredited, your business must:
- Be a genuine, viable business. We can help with this (more below).
- Have an Inland Revenue number and an NZBN number.
- Provide details and passport numbers for key people in the business.
- Comply with all New Zealand immigration laws, employment standards and business standards.
- Pay $740 for up to five migrants, or $1220 for six or more; other options have different costs.
- Pay all the recruitment costs.
You must also commit to supporting your migrant workers as they get settled in Aotearoa. This means giving them information about driving, training, accommodation and health services, among other things.
Talk to your Walker Wayland Accountant to see if you think this would be right for you.
For more information, read this page from Immigration NZ.
We can help you get accredited
We can work with you to prepare the accounts to demonstrate your company’s viability, draw up a two-year business plan and show that you have enough capital to stay in business.
Let us know if we can help.